When the Federal Aviation System (FAA) instituted the Next Generation Aircraft Transportation System (Next Gen), people noticed. Imagine planes arriving on a railroad track. Communities who previously were not affected by plane arrivals and departures were now inundated with noise and vibrations. No venue existed for the community to talk to the FAA.
Two temporary committees, have formed, created recommendations to the FAA, and disbanded:
In October 2018, the Board of Directors voted to initiate the formation of the Santa Clara/Santa Cruz Roundtable, a permanent aircraft noise mitigation entity.
- the 21 cities and counties of Santa Clara and Santa Cruz Counties,
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO),
- Norman Y. Minéta San José International Airport (SJC)
- In Santa Clara County: Cupertino, Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, Monte Sereno, Mountain View, Palo Alto, Santa Clara, Saratoga, Sunnyvale, Santa Clara County
- In Santa Cruz County: Capitola, Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz County